Healthierdiets’ ethos is to provide appropriate and accurate dietary advice and information, both verbal and written, in an easy to understand , interesting and informative manner.
Clients can be advised on a range of nutritional areas including:
- Poor appetite / weight loss
- Pre diabetes – sometimes known as impaired glucose tolerance
- Diabetes – newly diagnosed or in need of a review
- Weight Management (adults and children)
- Hyperlipidaemia (High cholesterol)
- High blood pressure
- Coeliac disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (FODMAP diet trained)
- Healthy eating
- Pre-conception/pregnancy/post natal nutrition
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Teenage health
- Women’s health
- Men’s health
This is not exhaustive list, therefore if you have a concern regarding a nutritional area not stated above, please do not hesitate to contact Helen.
What to expect during your initial consultation (a minimum of an hour)
- A full dietary assessment, which will include questions and discussions about your lifestyle, dietary habits, medical history, physical activity and any symptoms you may be experiencing.
- Weight and height measurements and body mass index (BMI) calculation.
- Discussion on your health goals, motivation and barriers, expert dietary advice and a personal diet plan.
- Realistic goals and measurable targets and a follow up plan.
- Good quality, evidence based written information to suit your condition.
- Written reports to yourself and to your GP, should they be required.
Follow up consultations
Follow up appointments and support is determined on an individual basis.
They may be recommended to help monitor your progress and address any issues that have arisen following your initial consultation.
A follow up appointment will usually take 30 minutes.
Terms and Conditions
Consent for care
By engaging the services of Helen Turner, Registered Dietitian, you are providing consent for the collection of relevant demographic, social and medical details to inform your assessment and treatment plan. This may include taking measurements of various body sites and being weighed.
You are also consenting to other professionals involved in your care being contacted by Helen. By gaining additional relevant information from other health professionials, (and also feeding back to them details about your goals and dietary teatement plan), it undoubtedly helps to provide an informed and holistic overview of your health, and in turn, by working together, we believe that it will be be beneficial for your overall care. This will always be discussed with you before other professionals involved in your care will be contacted and your written permission sought.
Participation in a treatment plan
You will be provided with a dietary treatment plan designed to achieve your goals. All advice given will be evidence based and tailored to your individual circumstances. As an individual, you are responsible for the incorporation of this advice into your daily life, taking responsibility for your own decisions and actions.
Any contact or information supplied by you will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with current Data Protection legislation. Any information provided will not be passed on to any other individual or organisation without your explicit written consent.